Whilst the Covid-19 pandemic remains an ongoing risk, the clinic will be operating in a very different way to normal. Following an extensive risk assessment process, we have introduced a number of changes within the clinic and to how we will be working. This situation will be reviewed regularly, and we expect to be able to progressively ease these measures as the risks reduce.
It is very important that you understand that we cannot completely eliminate the risk of Covid-19, and that you are comfortable to come into the clinic and receive treatment under the conditions that we have introduced.
Below is a summary of what we are asking you to do, and what you should expect when you come to the clinic for treatment:
Before your Appointment:
- You must ensure that you are not displaying any Covid-19 symptoms and have not had any recent contact with anybody who has
- Please bring a face covering to wear for the duration of your visit (or we can provide you with a disposable mask for a small fee).
- Please try and wear loose, accessible clothing. Patient gowns will still be available, but we are trying to limit their use wherever possible.
- To reduce infection risk, and the need for additional cleaning procedures, please consider using toilet facilities at home before attending the clinic.
- Please come alone and do not bring any non-essential personal belongings to your appointments (such as a handbags, books and loose change).
- Please arrive at your exact appointment time and wait outside the clinic, observing social distancing. Unfortunately, we will be unable to see patients who arrive late.
- We will have restricted use of our waiting room, so a member of staff will let you into the clinic at your appointment time.
- At reception, you will be required to use alcohol sanitising gel to clean your hands, and asked to purchase a mask if you do not have any face covering.
- We will only be accepting card payments (preferably contactless).
In the Treatment Room:
- Your chiropractor will take you directly to the treatment room and social distancing will be maintained until treatment takes place (the changing cubicles will be out of use, but privacy will be provided if you need to change).
- Chiropractors will be wearing masks, gloves and an apron, and may use a face shield for certain techniques.
- To reduce the risk of infection for everyone, your chiropractor may modify or avoid certain techniques.
- To limit the duration of close contact, appointment times should be no longer than is necessary to provide high-quality chiropractic care (we apologise if we are not able to socialise in our usual relaxed manner following treatment).
Risk Assessment and Actions Taken
It remains our absolute priority to protect the health and safety of all our patients and staff. The process of risk assessment has been extensive and included a wide range of factors. We have incorporated advice from central government, Public Health England (PHE) and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), as well as our regulator and chiropractic professional bodies. We have also taken into consideration the level of Covid-19 in the local community, the risk profile of different patient groups, and the clinical need of individual patients.
Although the measures that we are taking in order to provide an essential threshold of safety will be
eased over time, currently they include:
- excluding patients who have a high level of individual risk
- restricting the number of people in the clinic at any one time
- observing social distancing wherever possible
- using recommended levels of PPE and adopting clothing protocols
- adhering to a strict regimen of cleaning and sanitisation
- providing dedicated time to clean treatment rooms between patients
- limiting the use of communal areas
- screening patients and staff for Covid-19 symptoms
- adopting policies to limit the use of high-risk treatment techniques
- providing extensive staff training
Keeping the clinic free from Covid-19 is essential in order to be able to provide chiropractic care to all our patients. It is therefore very important that if you feel you are developing new symptoms that could possibly be linked Covid-19, that you postpone your appointment and self-isolate in accordance with government guidelines.
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature (> 37.5 oC)
- a new, persistent cough
- recent loss, or change, in smell or taste
Please also contact the clinic if you develop any of these symptoms, or are diagnosed with Covid-19, after attending the clinic.